Tour the newly renovated Lake Terrell Dam between 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, October 20, 2012.
|New bypass modification|
|Dam before renovation|
Join the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife, Whatcom Conservation District, the Nooksack Salmon Enhancement Association, and the Chums of Terrell Creek to see the modifications. These were created to restore fish passage for salmon and to better control flows of Terrell Creek all summer.
|Trickle of Terrell Creek during construction|
The creek’s lethargy this fall was due to temporary blockage of the flow during the work around the dam, which was originally constructed in 1950 to enlarge the lake and create more recreational opportunities.
|New culvert with gravel and debris|
RSVPs are essential to Terrell Creek Watershed Steward Rachel Vasak for arranging the scheduled half-hour departures: 715-0283, Ext. 108 or 739-1440 or email@example.com .