You are Invited
Birch Bay-Blaine-Lummi Island Candidates Forum
Thursday, October 9, 2014 – 7 PM
Birch Bay Bible Community Church
at 4460 Bay Road, the NE corner of Blaine (SR548) and Bay Roads.
All six candidates for State Senator, State Representative Pos. 1 and State Representative Pos. 2 have RSVP’d to attend.
Citizen-organized and sponsored by The Northern Light newspaper, Birch Bay Chamber of Commerce, Birch Bay Waterslides, the Friends of Birch Bay State Park and ….. to educate and inform the combined community populations of 14,000 Whatcom County citizens.
-Kathy Berg, Terry Terry, Pat Jerns and Louise Mugar
For the audience
- The public may submit questions for the candidates of the 42nd Legislative District of WA to ChairKathy@birchbayinfo.org or call 360-371-0171. Cards and pens will be handed out at the auditorium door for writing questions of the candidates. There will be no “open mike.”
- 6:30 to 7 PM – Meet and greet opportunity for audience, candidates and sponsors in the lobby.
- 7 PM – Forum will start promptly.
For the candidates
- Each candidate may have a table in the lobby from which to disseminate their message. Arrive at the church by 6:30 PM to set up. Please, NO Yard signs in the lobby, auditorium nor on the grounds of the church.
- Each candidate may have a 2-minute opening statement.
- Predetermined questions will have no more than 1 1/2-minutes to answer.
- There will be 30-seconds for rebuttal from the opponent.
- Questions submitted by the audience on note cards that have been sorted and organized by topic will have no more than 1 1/2-minutes to answer and 30-seconds for rebuttal.
- Each candidate will have 2-minutes for a closing statement.
- Each sponsor may have a table in the lobby from which to disseminate their message. Contact Jeff Carrington email@example.com, 360-220-3224 to make arrangements.
[ed. The event is non-partisan; this blog is partisan.]